Subject: Re: softfloat - IEEE ready yet?
To: None <tom@minnesota.com>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/24/2001 22:11:28
> From: "Thomas T. Thai" <tom@minnesota.com>
>:::
> your kind and considerate words are appreciated...

I suppose I could have said "it's not done yet", but you already knew that,
before you posted the same question twice. I suppose I could have said "I
don't know when it will be done". I guess, after this, that I won't be
posting any more estimates of feature completions.

The only other possible response would consist of excuses, of which I have
several, including a distant funeral, an unanticpated deadline at work, HW
failures in my two fastest alphas, both of which were required for the testing
of a platform-specific feature like this -- but excuses originally seemed
rather dishonerable and I wanted to avoid making them.

I don't believe these arguments justify my nuking you over your question,
but please drop the innocent-and-offended act. You might want to think
about why, *exactly*, you *really* posted those two tweaky notes.

	--Ross