Subject: Re: PC164LX and Graphics Card
To: alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: StrangeBrew <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/17/2001 19:58:08
Sorry, I missed the S3 at the end of your last post, would have asked
a better question.  I am adding the port alpha list to the mail,
so that one of hte gurus there might be able to chime in.

Dumb question, did you put the card back in the same slot?
I have not been able to get a number 9, s3 card going in the
PC164.
An S3 trio, 8MB, PCI, works GREAT.  None of the other
PCI or ISA video cards seem to get recognized.

I have 2 S3 Trio cards, 2 PC164/500s, each with 128MB.
One works just fine, solid, great with netbsd.  The second
just won't seem to boot.  I am stumped.

good luck, let us know what you do to make it work.
bob