Subject: CD reading problems on NetBSD 1.4
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Czeranski <jc@joerch.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/16/2001 10:20:22
Hi,

I have a PC164 with NetBSD 1.4, Symbios 53c875 SCSI hostadapter
and a Yamaha CD-RW 4416S.

Burning CDs works with cdrecord, but reading has problems.
For example I put some mp3's on a CD and tried to play them with
mpg123, the first few files are ok, but for the later files
the CD player can barely keep up with mpg123 (at 16x speed!).

The behaviour seems to change after about 128MB (65536*2048),
but I might be wrong here.

Is this a known problem?  Any ideas what I might have to change/patch
to make it work?

Currently I don't have enough disk space to install NetBSD 1.5,
so I'd prefer a solution that works with 1.4, but if 1.5 is the
only option, that'd be nice to know, too.

joerch