Subject: Yes, but is anyone using cdrdao?? (was: Re: anyone using cdrecord
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/11/2001 22:50:50
On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Nick wrote:

=> I cannot seem to get cdrecord 1.9 to work on my AlphaStation 200 4/233.
=>
=> bash-2.04# cdrecord dev=0,6,0 speed=4 -dao -pad -audio 01.wav 02.wav 03.wav 04.w
=> av
=> Cdrecord 1.9 (alpha-unknown-netbsd1.5) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
=> scsidev: '0,6,0'
=> scsibus: 0 target: 6 lun: 0
=> cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
=> cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
[...]
=> Anyone using cdrecord from pkgsrc?

I'm using cdrecord from pkgsrc on my DEC 3000/300.  It will burn at 8x,
for me, no problems.  As others have pointed out, you have to use
dev=/dev/rcdNc, where N corresponds to your CD writer.

But, has anyone successfully used cdrdao under NetBSD/alpha?  It builds
from pkgsrc, but it seems there is a bug that causes it to fail when
burning the last item of a TOC file.  (It seems like it is not picking
up the filename correctly from the TOC file, and using a null pointer
instead.)

It'd be handy if it worked, because it allows much better control over
the contents when burning DAO audio, for example.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa