Subject: Re: Trying to install 1.5 on the Jensen
To: Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
From: Gyenes Istvan <frts@simba.sch.bme.hu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/09/2001 00:39:49
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Istvan Gyenes wrote:

> > > I don't think so. I think it more depends on what kind of EISA cards you
> > > have.
> > > I have 2 Jensens, one of them is a "full" one (DE425,QVision,AHA1742A)
> the
> > > other
> > > only has an AHA1742A and doesn't have other EISA cards.
> > > Both of the SCSI controllers have rev G.2 eprom. The first ("full") one
> > > crashes at boot with a fatal
> > > kernel trap (at least it crashed the last time I tried), the second one
> > > hangs with a floppy timeout.
> > > I don't know if it's EISA card dependent or not, but it looks like.
> >
> > Is the EISA config identically configured using the ECU? Just a wild
> guess..
> >

> The short answer is : Yes.
> But the second one has firmware rev 1.7, the first one's 2.2. I'll update
> the firmware to 2.2 on the second and see what happens.

Upgraded the second's firmware to rev 2.2. The same thing happens it hangs
at:

eisa0 at jensenio0
ahb0 at eisa0 slot 6: Adaptec AHA-1742A SCSI
ahb0: interrupting at eisa irq 12
scsibus0 at ahb0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
isa0 at jensenio0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
isabeep0 at pcppi0
fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2
fd0 at fdc0 drive 0: 1.44MB, 80 cyl, 2 head, 18 sec

So colud be the hang or kernel crash EISA card dependent?

--
frts