Subject: Re: Trying to install 1.5 on the Jensen
To: <>
From: Duane Eddingfield <deddingf@home.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/08/2001 23:14:29
Gyenes Istvan wrote:

> Upgraded the second's firmware to rev 2.2. The same thing happens it hangs
> at:
>
> eisa0 at jensenio0
> ahb0 at eisa0 slot 6: Adaptec AHA-1742A SCSI
> ahb0: interrupting at eisa irq 12
> scsibus0 at ahb0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
> isa0 at jensenio0
> pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
> spkr0 at pcppi0
> isabeep0 at pcppi0
> fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2
> fd0 at fdc0 drive 0: 1.44MB, 80 cyl, 2 head, 18 sec
>
> So colud be the hang or kernel crash EISA card dependent?

    I also have two machines, one is a 'real' DEC AXP150 and the other
is a 'clone'.. On has a 1742A Rev E and the real one has Rev G2 and I
have found that both give the same result that you get above.

    Both have the Qvision video and I am wondering what kind of ISA
video card others are using? Has anyone actually got NetBSD running
on a Jensen?

    I have RedHat 6.2 running on the DEC Jensen but it does not want
to find the DE425 but works great with an old 3c509 ISA NIC.

Cheers,

</Duane>