Subject: Re: Trying to install 1.5 on the Jensen
To: Duane Eddingfield <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Istvan Gyenes <frts@simba.sch.bme.hu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/08/2001 23:19:11
----- Original Message -----
From: "Duane Eddingfield" <deddingf@home.com>
To: <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2000 2:39 AM
Subject: Trying to install 1.5 on the Jensen

>     The last lines on the terminal after "boot dka0" are:
>         lpt0: interrupting at eisa irq 1
>         mcclock0 at jensenio0 port 0x170: mc146818 or compatible
>         eisa0 at jensenio0
>         fatal kernel trap:
>
>             trap entry = 0x2 (memory management fault)
>         Stopped in swapper at ...
>
>     Interestingly, I have a Jensen clone with 32 MB RAM but with 1742A
> REV E which actually boots
> the same image just fine upto detecting the floppy drive and then hangs.
> I am assuming this is because
> of the older firmware on the 1742A..

I don't think so. I think it more depends on what kind of EISA cards you
have.
I have 2 Jensens, one of them is a "full" one (DE425,QVision,AHA1742A) the
other
only has an AHA1742A and doesn't have other EISA cards.
Both of the SCSI controllers have rev G.2 eprom. The first ("full") one
crashes at boot with a fatal
kernel trap (at least it crashed the last time I tried), the second one
hangs with a floppy timeout.
I don't know if it's EISA card dependent or not, but it looks like.
But I might be wrong....

--
frts