Subject: GENERIC.fs in 1.5
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Sebastian Sjoberg <sebastian.sjoberg@axis.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/08/2001 14:57:17
Hello!

In NetBSD 1.4.1 there was a alpha/misc directory containing a GENERIC.fs,
is it possible to have something simular in 1.5?

It helpt me a lot in installing NetBSD since I couldn't boot from either
ide disk or net and I couldn't build a GENERIC.fs myself since the install
kernel didn't contain vnd support. However the 1.4.1 kernel didn't seem to
work very well when I tried to boot NetBSD 1.5.

On the other hand, if someone wants to compile a GENERIC.fs for me with
only PC64 support I'd appreciate that very much.

/Sebastian