Subject: Re: Dec 2000 (Jensen) - does misery love company?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Duane Eddingfield <deddingf@home.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/07/2001 00:47:47
Patrick Cantwell wrote:

> What about those among us who are neglected? What about us poor axp150
> (Jensen, dec2000, whatever you wanna call it!)
> owners? :-)
> *cough*btw Jason, any progress on the port?*cough*

        My sentiments too.. What I have been doing is installing NetBSD on my
Alphastation with an eye to building a Jensen kernel and then putting the drive
into the Jensen and booting it...

        I'm assuming that the Jensen items from the ALPHA or GENERIC kernel
configs is all that I need. I am using 1.5 here, do I need to update the kernel
source or do I need any patches or special setting??

        When I boot the Jensen with the 'cdhdtape' image, the kernel seems to get
confused detecting where the vga display is at. I can get it to netboot as far as
that ring a bell to anyone who's been through this before?

I think I'm starting to get close,

</Duane>