Subject: Re: Question about installing NetBSD on a DEC 3000/300
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Cordes <mcorde61@maine.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/04/2001 19:10:22
Hello,

I'm new to this list and netbsd, but am struggling to get a dec 3000/500
to work w/ bsd.  As I understand you need a serial console to install
netbsd, but
after it is installed you can recompile the kernel and add support for the
smart
frame buffer (?) which will allow you to use the machine's typical keyboard
and
monitor. One user on this list has even got X working with a dec 3000/*
machine
(check  the archive for that).  As always I could be mistaking, if so please
enlighten me.

-matt