Subject: Re: tcds card works in decstation!
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/04/2001 15:46:08
> what's keeping us from switching over to MI scsi on pmax at this point?
> MI scsi works so much better than pmax-scsi on my ds5000/200...

It's necessary to have MI SCSI driver for Digital SII SCSI chip
equipped by DECstation 3100 and DECsystem 5100.  Current xsii is
implemented by wrapping up old pmax SCSI driver with MI SCSI sugar.

DECstation 5000/200 owners are strongly recommended to obtain TCDS
TURBOchannel option card.  Your 3MAX can run much faster than the
builtin PIO SCSI.  Enjoy 14 SCSI devices with a single TC slot.

Tohru Nishimura