Subject: 3000/300 X Server
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Bucketmouth Frogstump <bucketmouthfrogstump@hotmail.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/04/2001 09:54:11
My previous message seems to have hit the bit bucket, so forgive me if it
comes through and I seem to have said a few things twice. :)

>Can you make your experience available to the public ? I would love to run
>X on my 3000/300. I run NetBSD on it for about 2 years from now, and X was
>the only missing part. I've been watching this thread closely, but it looks
>like I missed this.

The relevant message was from Konrad Schroder on the 19th of December. After
a quick patch and a long build, I have a working X server. Woo-hoo!

I've put a binary of the rebuilt XalphaNetBSD server online at
ftp://discord.maths.monash.edu.au/pub/netbsd/XalphaNetBSD.gz - usual caveats
apply. It works for me and was built under 1.5-ALPHA1. I've only tested it
on a 3000/300LX with a TCWSCONS kernel, Konrad mentioned that his ran on a
3000/400 and I haven't seen anyone else mention a success.

Do what thou wilt. :)