Subject: SFB Xserver
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/18/2000 19:35:49
I've just committed patches to XalphaNetBSD to make it understand the sfb
(pmagb-b) framebuffer and lk[24]01 keyboard.  The acceleration enabled for
the sfb is equivalent to that for the tga (bitblt only) since its code is
pretty much a clone of the tga code.

In order to compile it, you will need rev 1.3 of
syssrc/sys/dev/tc/sfbreg.h, and to "cd /sys/dev/tc; make includes"
beforehand, otherwise it is a straightforward rebuild.

I've been running this on a DEC3000/400 with a TCWSCONS kernel, and
speedwise it feels slightly slow but is quite usable.  I'm not sure how
well (or even if) it works with a non-wscons kernel.

Let me know if I've inadvertently hosed something; otherwise, enjoy!

						Konrad Schroder
						perseant@hhhh.org