Subject: Re: of 1.5, cdd, extracting audio, and panic
To: Nick <nmanisca@vt.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/13/2000 23:52:58
On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 10:48:14AM -0500, Nick wrote:
> First of all, big thanks for 1.5!
>
> I just installed NetBSD 1.5 on my AlphaStation 200 4/233.  So
> far it looks really nice.  There is one problem I have been
> having, however.  I would like to extract audio from CDs using
> cdd or something similar.  One requirement is that the program
> goes out to a cddb and actually names the wav files appropriately.
>
> cdd does this.  I used cdd under 1.4.2 on this system and it
> worked nicely.  However, I just built cdd from pkgsrc and when I
> tried to extract audio from a CD, the machine froze up.  On the
> console I found the following messages (approximately)...
>
> siop1: target 4 now synchronous at 10.0Mhz, offset 16
> DMA IRQ: bus fault dma fifo empty, DSP=0x800000b0
> DSA=0x40f21540: panic: lockmgr: no context
> syncing disks... 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 giving up
>
> Now this is with a kernel that I just built (stripped down
> version of YEAH_BABY).  Maybe I goofed somewhere when building
> the kernel?

I think this is fixed in -current, I need to request a pull up for 1.5
For now I think you can just grab the files from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/sys/dev/ic/siop*
and
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/sys/dev/microcode/siop/*
(and put them at appropriate places in your source tree :)
and it should work.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>