Subject: Smallest lightest serial 3000/300 config file?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/08/2000 21:09:00
Can anyone point me to the smallest, lightest kernel config to a
serial driven 3000/300 machine?  I was using the TCWSCONS file,
and that works fine on my big box, but, I was wanting to run a
second box as an ftp server for booting, and was wondering which
config would be the most stripped down to use on this kind of box.
If anyone could suggest such a config, do holler.  I can strip
a VAX config down to the bare bonz, but when I tried that on
the alpha, it started missing calls in the ld operation, and
I am not quite that familiar with the alpha bits, yet, to know
exactly what bit of hardware config burped.  It configged and
depended and compiled, satisfactorily, but died on the ld operation.

Thanks

Bob