Subject: Re: AXPpci33 motherboard
To: None <zaft@azstarnet.com>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/03/2000 19:25:54
zaft@azstarnet.com wrote
> Greetings,
>
> 	I'm considering buying one of these on Ebay:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=512079219&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=976235497&indexURL=0&rd=1
>
> (sorry for the long URL)
>
> 	Any gotchas for running NetBSD on it?  Can I just use a standard AT
> case & power supply with it?  What about running X?

X11 may be a little cumbersome as there isn't a official driver
available as yet, but from tests that I've conducted using True64 Unix
it can be reported that X11 was usable on a AXPpci33 and I would expect
the same to be true once the driver is made public for use with
NetBSD.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes