Subject: README: change to PCI memory initialization on Tsunami
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/28/2000 22:47:31
Folks...

I've made a change in -current to how PCI memory is initialized on the
Tsunami.  I made a similar change to the Irongate (UP1000) code, and it
works fine there, but I don't have a Tsunami machine to test with.

The change is to allocate the DMA windows (or, on the UP1000, the RAM
itself, since it doesn't have DMA windows) out of the PCI memory extent
map.  We need to do this because the Tsunami and Irongate don't have PCI
memory windows -- the entire space is covered.  So, we need to make sure
that devices don't get plopped in where the RAM is mapped into PCI memory
space, otherwise Bad Things happen.

Please try this change out on your Tsunami machines (HI MANUEL! :-)
and let me know how it turns out.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>