Subject: Re: removing packages
To: Joseph Sirucka <joseph.sirucka@netics.com.au>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@vaxpower.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/25/2000 10:30:28
> I wish to remove packages that where initailly installed during installation of
> the os.

they are not packages. there are eight packages:
base, etc, misc, text , man, src, syssrc, and comp
and sometimes the X stuff. They are tarballs, and so you can easily find
the lists of files in them and write a script to remove them.

> eg. I wish to remove sendmail m4 and several other packages and add my own
> compiled version.
>
> So how do I remove them. Do i have to manually delete each file. i gather there
> must be a easier way.

just remove the m4 binary, the sendmail binary, the sendmail conf files, and
you're done with them. maybe six or seven files altogether.

Isildur