Subject: Re: Multia boot
To: Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/12/2000 17:44:11
On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Wilko Bulte wrote:

>Multia SRM unfortunately does not know to boot IDE drives :-(

Hey Wilko,
I know nothing about the NetBSD/alpha bootloader.  I know under
FreeBSD/i386 I can interrupt the bootloader and tell it to boot off of
wd0 if I want to, or I can configure it's default behavior via a
configuration file.  It makes sense to me that such a thing should be
possible under NetBSD/alpha but I need someone who's worked with the
bootloader before to tell me how it's accomplished.  Under the install
floppy environment I can, and have, gotten a floppy with a disklabel and
FFS partition, and installed the NetBSD bootloader on it using
installboot.  However when I attempt to boot that floppy via SRM, it
will pause for a few minutes, then drop me back into the SRM console,
presumably because the bootloader didn't find a kernel on the disk.

--
Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a