Subject: Re: latest CVS gcc on alpha
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: netbsd alpha <netbsd_alpha@yahoo.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/09/2000 10:02:46
here is the backtrace:

# gdb /usr/local/libexec/mysqld /var/mysql/mysqld.core
GNU gdb 4.17
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General
Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show
warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "alpha--netbsd"...
Core was generated by `mysqld'.
Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libz.so.0...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.0...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libm.so.0...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.12...done.
#0  0x120221448 in machdep_sys_sigprocmask () at
syscall-template.S:53
syscall-template.S:53: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt
#0  0x120221448 in machdep_sys_sigprocmask () at
syscall-template.S:53
warning: Hit heuristic-fence-post without finding
warning: enclosing function for address 0x124cf0bf0
This warning occurs if you are debugging a function
without any symbols
(for example, in a stripped executable).  In that
case, you may wish to
increase the size of the search with the `set
heuristic-fence-post' command.

Otherwise, you told GDB there was a function where
there isn't one, or
(more likely) you have encountered a bug in GDB.
Current language:  auto; currently asm
(gdb)
----

i believe their is some bug associated with memcpy on
64-bit architecture as well in egcs-1.1.2 and also the
last release of gcc.