Subject: Re: printer supplies
To: None <woods@weird.com>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/03/2000 18:28:09
   [ On Friday, November 3, 2000 at 13:01:42 (-0600), Peter Seebach wrote: ]
   > Subject: Re: printer supplies
   >
   > "illegal" is not quite the right word.  Some people run their own mail
   > servers legitimately.  We may be forced to cede that ground, but not all
   > port 25 connections from dialups are bad.

   Any such connection that's not explicitly authorised is in fact a theft
   of service, which is probably illegal in most jurisdictions (even though
   it's often not possible to prosecute).

Sort of like how people are not allowed to bring their own snacks into
most movie theaters in the U.S.....  "Thou shalt only use The Authorized
Vendor of snacks at This Most Holy Establishment."...

[Sorry ... sarcasm mode is in high gear today]

[snip]

   Anyone not using their provider's authorised outbound mail relay has a
   serious configuration problem that they should fix sooner rather than
   later.

As someone else mentioned, they may know better...

   --
							   Greg A. Woods

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://mellon.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]