Subject: Jensen/ahb boot problems
To: Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hans=2DJ=FCrgen?= Bergmann <320098416888-0001@t-online.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/29/2000 18:25:04
Hello Jason an list,

I spent some time on the weekend tracking the Jensen boot problem with
older Adaptec 1742 revisions.
It happened that I have a revision F (from a real DEC Jensen box) and a
rev. G from my old 486 Eisa box. Both show the same behavior. After
digging in the source and various compiles and printf statements on my
Multia (we are talking slow compile cycles here !!!!) I pinpointed the
problem to the irq routine. I seems that querying for the pending irq at
the beginning always returns 0 thus leaving the irq routine without
clearing the irq or taking any other actions (like doing something !).

        if ((bus_space_read_1(iot, ioh, G2STAT) & G2STAT_INT_PEND) == 0)

                return 0;
        /* this point is never reached ! */

Guess what happens than .... irq routine is called over and over again.

Does that help Jason. I´m not really into programming adaptecs or eisa
but I can compile the kernel and build a cdhd image to boot on my Jensen
and I am willing to test !

Hans-Juergen <hbergman@acm.org>