Subject: cdrdao on DEC 3000/300?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/21/2000 23:00:09
Has anyone got cdrdao to work on a DEC 3000/300?  I'm running NetBSD
1.5_ALPHA2 built from a SUP on 2000-09-21, and cdrdao-1.1.4 built from
pkgsrc.  Unfortunately, every time I try to write, cdrdao aborts
somewhere writing the last track with this error:

ERROR: Cannot open audio file "(null)": Bad address
ERROR: Opening of track data failed.
ERROR: Reader process terminated abnormally.
<<<<<

Cdrdao will apparently write the preceding tracks just fine.  It just
has problems near the end of the write.  I've tried this at various
speeds, and it isn't a buffer underrun problem.

I have managed to write CDs without problems using cdrecord
(cdrecord-1.9, built from pkgsrc), so it's not a hardware problem.  I'd
just like to be able to use cdrdao because of its flexible TOC file
format for DAO CD writing.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Paul.