Subject: DEC monitor settings (was: `Re: mysql NOW() bug on Alpha? - updated')
To: Mattias Nordlund <mathew@eagle.y.se>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/08/2000 10:55:32
Mattias Nordlund wrote:

>Talking of DEC PCI graphics crad, I have a PBXGA-BA/NA that don't seem to
>work, I get white "lines" verticaly on the screen when I try to use it.
>
>Bu what I wanted to know if is someone have a table over the dip-switch
>settings on this card.
>
>I also have another one of those DEC high-end cards that I don't remember
>what it i is, but it's TGA, dubble-sided and at the moment sits inside my
>P100 running linux.. the problem with that one is that it won't show any
>other color but blue & green.. anyone got any idead what can be wrong?
>
>/Mattias

For the PBXGA-BA, the settings should be something like
[from src/sys/dev/ic/decmonitors.c]:

struct monitor decmonitors[] = {
	/* 0x0: 1280 x 1024 @ 72Hz */
	/* 0x1: 1280 x 1024 @ 66Hz */
	/* 0x2: 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz */
	/* 0x3: 1152 x  900 @ 72Hz */
	/* 0x4: 1600 x 1200 @ 65Hz */
	/* 0x5: 1024 x  768 @ 70Hz */
	/* 0x6: 1024 x  768 @ 72Hz */
	/* 0x7: 1024 x  864 @ 60Hz */
	/* 0x8: 1024 x  768 @ 60Hz */
	/* 0x9:  800 x  600 @ 72Hz */
	/* 0xa:  800 x  600 @ 60Hz */
	/* 0xb:  640 x  480 @ 72Hz */
	/* 0xc:  640 x  480 @ 60Hz */
	/* 0xd: 1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz */
	/* 0xe: 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz */
	/* 0xf: 1600 x 1200 @ 75Hz */
	/* XXX -- this one's weird.  rcd */
};

where the `interesting bits' have been deleted.  Now, I can't
remember whether up is one or zero and where the most significant
bit is.  :-)  But, I think that it is up == 1, down == 0, and set
them in normal reading order, so for 0x1:  down down down up.

0xf is not supported on most models, and I don't have a card that
supports it, so I can't verify that it works properly.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==