Subject: Re: mysql NOW() bug on Alpha? - updated
To: Ralph Graulich <reiff@graulich.baden-online.de>
From: Andrew van der Stock <ajv@greebo.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/06/2000 20:40:35
Try using a serial console or turning off the graphics mode in SRM. If
you're using the Arc BIOS for Windows NT (milo prefers this), you'll need to
get SRM happening. It's possible to have both firmwares loaded and switch
between them. The AS200 spent the first four years of its life as a NT box
for example.

Visit Digital's ftp site for the most recent firmware for your machine.
ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware

The command you should be using is

boot dva0

If you have any fancy full screen with a working mouse pointer, you have the
wrong firmware.

Andrew