Subject: Re: location of /compat/osf1 in 1.4.2
To: None <shsrms@bellatlantic.net>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/27/2000 14:44:08
hg/jb wrote:

>Hate to bother everyone with my questions, I got a note from Chris
>that said the osf1 compat stuff was in a directory under sys...
>Well, I downloaded all the tgz finary files twice, and I can not seem
>to find it.
>I have done X, base, comp, etc, misc, and so on and unpacked them
>but not found the files.
>
>Am I missing something?
>thanks
>bob

The compat_osf1 kernel code is in sys, but in order to run OSF/1
binaries, you must obtain the contents of /emul/osf1 from a
OSF/1^WDU^WTru64 machine as we can't distribute them because of
copyright issues.  You should probably also have an OSF/1 license
in order to comply with the licensing.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==