Subject: Re: startup directory
To: M. Possamai <possamai@bart.nl>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/22/2000 10:23:34
On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 02:17:45PM +0200, M. Possamai wrote:
> Is there a special directory in NetBSD to put scripts in
> that have to start at boot time?
> or do I just have to put all things in rc.conf?

Depending on whether you are running

<= 1.4.x

You can add to /etc/rc.local

>= 1.5(pre-release)

There's an rc.d directory, but be aware it's smarter than most rc.d's.
It doesn't run in filename order, you set PROVIDES and REQUIRES and run
'rcorder' after addding your script. See some of the files in that dir
for examples.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,