Subject: Re: Memory for a DEC 3000
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@guildvax.guild.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/15/2000 18:06:27
It depends on what model of 3000. The 3000/300's do take 72pin parity
memory. the other 3000's use very proprietary modules to support the
super-wide memory channels. I've used regular simms in my 3000/300 with
no trouble. I think they were 70 or 80 nanosecond. I think if theyre too
fast, they will run into some troubles, dropping bits, so i'd say keep
them around 80 ns or maybe 70.

ymmv,
isildur