Subject: Problems with DE500 network card
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: James Macnicol <James.Macnicol@faceng.anu.edu.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/14/2000 10:08:24
	I downloaded the latest NetBSD 1.5 \alpha snapshot on Sunday
(I have a ZLXp-E2 so this is the only version that'll work for me).
Everything is okay except for my DE500 network card: after NetBSD
initializes the card my hub is a sorry sight because the activity
light for that port is always on and the collision light on the hub is
also always on.  Needless to say, I can't access the network from
NetBSD.  I remember seeing this behaviour with early versions of
RedHat Linux too, although the later kernels seemed to have fixed it.
Does anyone know what is going on, and is there a fix or workaround ?

	System is a 433MHz AlphaPC 164, DE500, Asus SCSI card, ZLXp-E2,
128MB.

--
James Macnicol
jamesm@faceng.anu.edu.au