Subject: Bug while compiling Kernel (07/Aug/2000)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/07/2000 22:23:56
Hi there,

I have a problem compiling the kernel on my AlphaServer 400 4/233.
I have downloaded the Kernel snapshot from today (07/Aug/2000), and I
always get the following error when I try to config my kernel:

bash-2.03# config GENERIC
../../../../conf/files:516: syntax error.

There is no ../../../../conf/files, but a ../../../conf/files, and in line
516 stands:

defpseudo vnd: disk

I have tried out replacing this "files" file with the "files" from the
NetBSD 1.4.2-Stable Source tree, but I still get the same error (just at
another line...)
But this error persists on other architectures, too. For example if I want
to config the kernel of my PMAX, I still have the same problem, so I
assume it's a generic file. I would have crossposted this Mail to the
generic-list, too, but I don't know the address of the Generic or Bug
Mailing List.

If somebody fixes this problem, could I please get informed and get this
file sent via E-Mail?
It's very expensive to download 70 MB, and so I wouldn't like to do it
again....

Thanks in advance
--
Best Regards,
	Freddy

Frederik Meerwaldt  ICQ: 83045387  Homepage: http://www.freddym.org
 Bavaria/Germany              OpenVMS and Unix Howtos and much more
   FREEBSD, NETBSD, OPENBSD, TRU64, OPENVMS, ULTRIX, BEOS, LINUX