Subject: TGA2 with sync on green on fixed frequency monitor
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/07/2000 19:38:34
Hi.

I am the proud owner of an Alphastation 200 4/166. A very nice and fast
machine. (Compared to my VAXen. ;-)  ) There is a TGA2 in it, what
works well with 1.5_ALPHA. I want to use an old HP fixed frequency
monitor that needs sync on green. The monitor can sync to the signals
from the Alphastation (1280x1024@72Hz) but I need an external RGB H/V
sync to RGB sync on green adapter, that I need for an other machine...
Is there a way to configure the TGA2 to sync on green? I discovered the
"tga_sync_green" environment variable, but it has no effect. I played
with the jumpers on the card, without any change.
And: Is there a way to configure the SRM console to use 1280x1024@72Hz
instead of the standard VGA 720x400@70Hz?

Thanks in advance.
--