Subject: Very big Hardware-Problem with Jensen
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/01/2000 18:54:28
Hi all,

I have a Jensen (aka DECpc AXP 150), and I want to install NetBSD on it.
But as I needed a Disc first of all, I looked for a SCSI-Controller.
Well, I got one, and I plugged it in. It said new configuration required,
and then I had to run the ECU. The ECU told me, that I needed a file for
this controller, and then I inserted the disk where this file was located
and pressed enter. It loaded, but it said, that it couldn't find the file
and then, that I should insert the original ECU Floppy again, because the
system has to write some info to the disk. When I was just inserting the
floppy, the power has gone. After it was there again, I turned the machine
on again, but I just got a black screen.

What can I do now? The bigger problem is, that this machine isn't mine....
I just had it to install a OS (in this case NetBSD) on it.

--
Best Regards,
	Freddy

Frederik Meerwaldt  ICQ: 83045387  Homepage: http://www.freddym.org
 Bavaria/Germany              OpenVMS and Unix Howtos and much more
   FREEBSD, NETBSD, OPENBSD, TRU64, OPENVMS, ULTRIX, BEOS, LINUX