Subject: RE: Linux/NetBSD speed comparison.
To: 'T. Martin ' <catfish@alltel.net>
From: Eric.Melville (Exchange) <Eric.Melville@target.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/18/2000 11:22:49
> Fisrt I got one question, when booting NetBSD on the DEC3000 it comes
> up into a sh and I can't find the place to fix it.
> I did edit rc.conf so I can boot multiuser.

Look at the FAQ entry for boot flags. I believe your looking for something
along the lines of set boot_osflags -a ...

> I'm impressed with NetBSD and speed. I have the DEC 3000/300 (150mhz)
> running NetBSD and an AXPpci33 233mhz running Linux.
> I have both boxes running setiathome.

Seti@home isn't exactly an OS-intensive application, so it probably isn't
spending a whole lot of time in the kernel. I would expect most differences
to be due to the hardware. Then again, you never know.