Subject: Using audio on DEC 3000/300 (was Re: TC bba audio problem on
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/18/2000 08:38:51
Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> I'm going to pull all this to the 1.5 branch now, as I've had two reports
> of successful audio use on the DEC 3000 now!

Maybe this is a daft question, but what external hardware is used to
listen to audio on the 3000/300?  I recall an ISDN port on the back that
has a telephone handset graphic next to it.  Can you plug in a standard
telephone handset and listen to audio that way?

What is the spec of the audio hardware?  What sample rates and number of
channels does it support?  Can you digitise, too?  What devices do you
need to create in /dev?  What kernel options do you need to add to your
kernel config file?

Cheers,

Paul.
--