Subject: Re: Installing on non-DEC/compaq machine
To: None <shsrms@bellatlantic.net>
From: Yutaka KAWASE <yutaka@mailhost.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/11/2000 03:17:23
Hello Bob and all,

I arranged a null-modem cable and connect the Alpha and a PC.

I saw SRM prompt on the terminal software running on the PC which I
think is fine.

Then I boot the installation floppy from the terminal software, the
BSD kernel did load but the output was only on the display directly
connected on the Alpha. Nothing came up to the terminal software...
I did not forget to 'set graphics serial', at the SRM prompt.

Maybe I should remove graphic card from the Alpha. Should I?
And should I plug off keybord and mouse from the Alpha?

FYI, the graphic board is Gloria Synergy. Is this no good with NetBSD?

I'll try again anyhow... ;-)

--
Yutaka KAWASE <yutaka@oneill.co.jp>