Subject: Re: Installing on non-DEC/compaq machine
To: Yutaka KAWASE <yutaka@mailhost.net>
From: hg/jb <shsrms@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/07/2000 18:16:17
I have a PC164 motherboard, and had to find a display card for the
alpha that was supported by NetBSD - I found an old S3 PCI card, just to
get the beast started and configured.
I used a standard keyboard, mouse, and it came up just fine.
I also accessed it via the serial port, worked fine there to.
Have to make sure of the cable wiring, I had a pc on one end so
I needed null-modem, I used a connector that allowed me to play with
the wiring to getthe null modem setup.
Good luck!!
That 264 is probably going to be great fun!!
bob