Subject: FDDI card success
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Rupnik <chrisr@geeknet.montreal.qc.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/02/2000 14:35:15
Hi All,
 Just wanted to share a good experience with netbsd generic 1.4

I had a Dec dual attach FDDI PCI fddi card lying around for a little
while, and though i would boot my alpha (axppci) with it

fpa0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0: DEC DEFPA PCI FDDI DAS Controller
fpa0: FDDI address 00:00:f8:40:f9:b5, FW=3.10, HW=0, SMT V7.2
fpa0: FDDI Port[A] = A (PMD = ANSI Multi-Mode), FDDI Port[B] = B (PMD =
ANSI Multi-Mode)
fpa0: interrupting at isa irq 5
That's something else. Just plug it in and go.

Of course, i do not have a fddi network right now to plug it into, so i
get the

fpa0: Link Unavailable
in the syslog and

ifconfig -a
fpa0: flags=8863(UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST) mtu
4470
	address: 00:00:f8:40:f9:b5
	media: FDDI Multi-mode dual-attach
	status: no ring

The other things that i have on the FDDI ring hub  are single attach. I
can just plug one of the ports of this dual attach card to the hub and it
works right?

Chris