Subject: Re: IP filter on dec alpha 3000/300
To: Jonker, Harm <harm.jonker@eds.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/28/2000 06:49:03
On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 11:22:10AM +0100, Jonker, Harm wrote:

 > Hello there,
 > I have tried to build the IP Filter package for NetBSD/DEC Alpha 3000/300,
 > but this OS/hardware combination seems not to be supported.
 > Can someone confirm this ?
 > If so, is there alternative software for firewalling and ip tunneling for
 > NetBSD on Dec Alpha 3000/300 ?
 > Harm Jonker

NetBSD comes with IP Filter already fully integrated.  I personally use
IP Filter on an AlphaStation as a gateway between my Ethernet and wireless
networks at home.  It works flawlessly.  In terms of the software, there
is no difference running on an AlphaStation or a DEC 3000.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>