Subject: Re: IP filter on dec alpha 3000/300
To: 'port-alpha@netbsd.org' <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/28/2000 08:56:34
"Jonker, Harm" wrote:

> Hello there,
> I have tried to build the IP Filter package for NetBSD/DEC Alpha 3000/300,
> but this OS/hardware combination seems not to be supported.
> Can someone confirm this ?
> If so, is there alternative software for firewalling and ip tunneling for
> NetBSD on Dec Alpha 3000/300 ?

I've used IP Filter and IPNAT on a DEC 3000/300 under NetBSD/alpha 1.4,
and it worked fine.  You don't need to get the separate package, as its
been part of NetBSD for quite a while now, it seems.  Make sure the
appropriate bits are enabled in your kernel config, though.

Cheers,

Paul.
--
e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu