Subject: SON OF Fascinating Multia fact.
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/26/2000 21:48:55
Roughly two weeks ago I started a short thread about "squiggly video disease"
in Multia's.

I am happy to report that a firmware upgrade (to 3.8-3) cured FOUR multia's:
the original three, and another one that came down with the illness a week
ago.

While installing the floppy drive to do the firmware upgrade, I noticed
that the presence of the floppy somehow seems to temporarily cure the
video problem, however I did not rigorously test this hypothesis.

In any case, I have four more usable multia's now.

"All's Well that Dowdes Well" -- apologies to Roland, who loaned me two of
				the machines that were among the afflicted.

I drive down to L.A. tomorrow, with a stack of Multia's and a smaller pile
of sharks in the car. I will try to have pictures taken for the Gallery.

(BTW Matt I haven't forgotten your firmware file, it's just that I ran out
of time for experiments and I couldn't risk a regression on the support for
640x480 video.)

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com