Subject: Re: DEC3000/300 stuff.
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/25/2000 10:49:27
In article <Pine.GSO.4.21.0006181849540.8517-100000@chia.umiacs.umd.edu>,
> I grabbed sys.src.tgz from current directory yesterday, and compiled it.
> However, when I boot it I got those messages on serial console.

You can't use recent kernel sources without updating your userland.
Download a recent Alpha snapshot from "ftp.netbsd.org" and start
with that.

> sfb0 at tc0 slot 6 offset 0x2000000: 1280 x 1024, 8bpp
> wsdisplay0 at sfb0
> configuring wscons
> wsdisplay0: screen 1 added (std, vt100 emulation)
> wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
> wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
> wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
Try to compile a kernel using the "TCWSCONS" configuration file.
It should work properly with your machine's framebuffer.

> Another issue, LKM. When last looked into it the problem was that LKM was
> AOUT based and kernel was ELF based.

ELF LKMs are support for a long time. The ELF based NetBSD-i386 1.5A system
I'm using right now has 13 LKMs loaded, of course all ELF format.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                            http://www.sighardstrasse.de/~tron/