Subject: Problem solved: SRM complains RRD45 won't START.
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/21/2000 00:03:39
To continue the thread last week about the SRM not booting from
some CD-ROM drives because they won't START (or whatever the error
specifically was), I now have a better idea of why I had this problem.

My RRD45 that wouldn't boot my AS 200 but used to work (in fact, the
machine shipped to me with the drive working) now does not work in
another machine at all.

NT on a PC (AMD 100 MHz VESA machine, Adaptec SCSI) will not work
with the drive either.

Smells like a drive that went bad.

"You're a slacker if you only give 90% 'cause you are afraid of the \
  other 10%."    -- Ross Smith               Apr 22 1999 2:29am