Subject: Re: Fascinating Multia fact.
To: Graham Allan <allan@physics.umn.edu>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/16/2000 19:20:57
> It seems possible, though unlikely, that the firmware might have
> something to do with it. The other thing to consider is that ARC is
> running at standard VGA (640x480, 60Hz), while SRM tends to default to
> something more DEC-like (1024x768, 72Hz, usually), so all the timings
> are different, and the SRM mode is more demanding of the hardware.

Man, I _wish_ I could use the VGA text mode instead of the graphics
modes. Lightning fast text, MI virtual console support (works on arm32
and i386 in 1.4.x), mmm....

These Multia's are all running a custom kernel I put together which
deliberately uses the PC 8x16 VGA font instead of gallant22, because
I needed at least 80x24 and compatibility with low-end VGA monitors.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com