Subject: RE: Dead alphaPC 164...
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/09/2000 22:23:30
On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, David Woyciesjes wrote:
> 	Maybe means loading the firmware image from the ROM, seems like you
> looking for the same answer as me, which chips exactly are the ROM chips?
> Does anyone have (or know where to get) the schematic for the chips on the
> VX42B-F2 Multia 233?

Might well be, but i can't get the failsafe loader to work either.
It doesn't matter if i jumper the board to read the failsafe image
from the diskette. I've tried swapping the SROM between a working
board and the broken one, but that doesn't work. The SROM seems to
be working, but you might be right. It could very well be the flash
memory that's broken. If it's completely busted the board might not
even be able to load the firmware from diskette.

--
cheers,

/Anders

"Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake
 the second time you make it." G. Fowler

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras