Subject: Re: fxp1: device timeout and panic: pool_get(%s): free list modified
To: Erik Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/06/2000 12:44:18
> This looks a whole lot like a problem I had with my PC164 system;
> totally stable until I added a Qlogic ISP1020 PCI controller to it

Interesting suggestion.  Thanks.

This system does have a QLogic chip/card.  (2 actually.)

The hardware works fine with Tru64.  I wonder if there is some obscure
restriction I/we don't know about.

    isp1 at pci2 dev 9 function 0
    isp1: interrupting at dec 550 irq 16
    isp1: Ultra Mode Capable
    isp1: Board Revision 1040B, loaded F/W Revision 4.65.0
    isp1: Last F/W revision was 5.57.1
    isp1: 243 max I/O commands supported
    isp1: driver initiated bus reset of bus 0

[Stealth marketing here - the message doesn't say "Qlogic" anywhere.]

Anybody know why it's using older firmware?

Note that the Qlogic chip (above) is behind a bridge.  So are the
82558s I'm haveing troubles with.  They are on a quad card with bridge
chip.  These are new Miatas so I don't think they have the page crossing
problem anyway.