Subject: Re: Re(2): Re(2): 3000/600
To: None <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com, iceberg@nxco.com>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/01/2000 15:44:04
Let us know how it goes. Note that there may be some PeeCee rom burner
utilities that don't actually let you write a raw file to the disk, and
it's also likely that it will be an obscure option. (It's trivial with
cdrecord, of course, since that's ALL cdrecord ever does. :-) At least
one PeeCee program will let you write a bitwise image, but only if the
bitwise image is itself in iso9660 format. (Sigh.) Also, your old 3000,
unless it has recently received an upgrade with a rare SCSI reader, will
absolutely not be able to read a CD-RW, but will handle CD-R just fine.

	ross