Subject: RE: Question regarding AXP150
To: 'port-alpha@netbsd.org' <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Hufnagel <PHufnagel@outpost.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/01/2000 13:55:22
> a friend of mine has got an AXP150, on which I should install NetBSD
> tomorrow. I have a AlphaServer 400 4/233 at home, with NetBSD installed on
> it. I viewed the INSTALL kernel config file, and the Option to support the
> Jensen (AXP150) is disabled by default. I have created the 2
> Boot-Floppies, and I think they don't support the JENSEN by default.
> Is there any way to get NetBSD running (and installing) on this machine?
> I thought about recompiling the INSTALL Kernel with the Jensen support,
> and I did this, but now I have to exchange the kernel on the Bootfloppies
> with this one. How to do this?

Last I knew, the Jensen was not supported yet under NetBSD.
Jason Thorpe had asked a while back about interest in it, and I believe was
working on support for the Jensen, but I haven't seen anything since.  I
personally
would also be very interested in it, since I have two of them sitting around
doing
nothing right now (I also have a AlphaServer 400 at home, running NetBSD
fine).