Subject: PC164 - New questions...
To: alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: HerbalGypsy/justbobthebard <shsrms@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/30/2000 17:28:34
Hi Alpha folks,
My 1.4.1 install on my pc164/500 has been dropping into dbug mode on me
as I mentioned.
I decided to byte the bullet last night and reinstall.
problems with the floppy, swapped drives.
problems with the cd reader, 5-7 of the sets unpacked.
Yeah, did the install or attempted to do it 4 times before giving up.
CPU seems cool, ambient was about 63, heatsink was not too to touch.

 - is this ok, or should the heat sink be WARM? - my fingers are a
little bit less than sensitive, I work on my own car so they get to
touch hot plugs and stuff...

- is this debug mode drop an indication of a problem with memory or cpu
over heating or something?
I have not added fans to the big box cause everything is cool to my
touch.

TIA
bob