Subject: Re: Does the Alteon Gigabit Ethernet driver work in 1.4.2?
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/28/2000 16:49:06
>  > I recently updated a pair of Miatas to 1.4.2.  I noticed a driver
>  > for the Alteon/Tigon card/chip.  But I don't see it in any of the
>  > config files and I didn't see anything in the supported hardware
>  > page.
>  >
>  > Anybody know if it works?  (or is known not to work)
>
> I know it works in -current (Manuel Boyuer fixed a bunch of the
> memory mapping problems the driver had), but I don't know if those
> changes made it into 1.4.2.

From=20CHANGES-1.4.2:

sys/dev/pci/if_tireg.h                          1.1 (new)
sys/dev/pci/ti_fw.h                             1.1 (new)
sys/dev/pci/ti_fw2.h                            1.1 (new)
sys/dev/pci/if_ti.c                             patch (new)
sys/dev/pci/files.pci                           1.62 via patch
sys/dev/pci/pcidevs                             1.150 via patch
sys/dev/pci/pcidevs_data.h                      regenerate
sys/dev/pci/pcidevs.h                           regenerate

  Add a driver for Alteon Gigabit Ethernet cards.

share/man/man4/ti.4                             1.1 (new)
share/man/man4/Makefile                         1.129 via patch
distrib/sets/lists/man/mi                       1.206

  Add manual page for Alteon Gigabit driver.

From=20CHANGES-1.4.3:

sys/dev/pci/if_ti.c                             1.6-1.7 via patch

  Fix bug which could result in a panic.  Add a shutdown hook to
  stop the board to avoid memory corruption on reboot.  Use bus_space
  for TIGON 2 chips, so that they will work even if we can't map
  the memory space linearly (e.g. on alpha).

So, it would seem that the answer may be "maybe not" for plain
1.4.2 on an Alpha; you could try to update along the netbsd-1-4
branch as shown above, though if you want to run code as close as
possible to a release.

Best regards,

- H=E5vard