Subject: Problem logging in via telnet
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Lets Go Canes! <LetsGoCanes@webmail.bellsouth.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/24/2000 13:22:36
Hi all.

I just installed NetBSD on a DEC 3000.  Had a few problems to sort through there, but now I have the system up-and-running and on the net.

However, I cannot login to the box using telnet from another system.  telnet connects to the system, provides the banner and the "login:" prompt.  But after entering a valid username - one that I can use to login via the console - it just sits there and never gets to the password prompt.  The system is configured to use NIS as a client, and I can use ypcat to retrieve the proper entry from the NIS passwd file.  Any ideas?

Also, is there a version of automount for NetBSD?

Any and all help appreciated - thanks in advance!

Let's Go Canes!